Chamberlayne College for the Arts
Assistant Site Manager
03/11/2021 at 17:00
Permanent , Full-time
Hours of Work:
37 Hours per week 52 weeks
Location of Role:
The Chamberlayne Academy
Contact e-mail address:
We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic Assistant Site Manager who will take great pride in ensuring our school offers a safe and appealing environment for pupils, staff and visitors.
As our Assistant Manager you will work closely with the Site Manager, deputising in their absence. You will share responsibility for the security, safety, general maintenance and cleanliness of our school buildings and grounds.
We are seeking a professional individual who:
- Is reliable, self-motivated, with a flexible approach
- Is an excellent team player
- Possesses good DIY skills to undertake a range of repairs, maintenance and decorating
- Can communicate effectively with pupils, parents, staff and contractors
- Good attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of IT systems such as email and Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in a similar role, as well as having previously worked within an educational environment would be advantageous but not essential.
We can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive environment where children are at the centre of all that we do
- A collaborative working environment
- A leadership team who values work-life balance
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- A tax efficient childcare scheme through salary sacrifice
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year which increases with length of service
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment (where all conditions are met)
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth payroll
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
To find out more about this opportunity please visit our school website and download an application pack.
Our website address is: www.chamberlayne.org
Informal visits prior to submitting an application are welcomed. Please ring us on 023 8044 7820 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
If you want to join our team please email your completed application form to HR@chamberlayne.org by midday on the closing date.
The is Trust committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks.