Education Jobs Hampshire home page
Closing date: 30/11/2021 at 12:00
Contract/Hours: Other, Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade B, £9.62 per hour
Hours of Work: Casual hours Hours of work: The Nursery is open from 8am to 6pm, 51 weeks per year
Location of Role: Rotherly Nursery, The Westgate School
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
We are looking for an Early Years Assistant to join our successful team and assist in the provision of a high standard of childcare in our purpose-built nursery. This role is important to providing consistent care and education to cover annual leave and sickness.
The successful applicant will be required to work across all age groups 0-4yrs. Applicants should ideally have a minimum Level 2 qualification in Childcare and relevant experience of early years.
The successful candidate will:
• Have obtained English qualifications to GCSE Grade 4, or their equivalent.
• Be committed to the highest possible levels of achievement for every pupil
• Be cheerful, enthusiastic, flexible and approachable
• Show initiative within the role and have good time management skills
• Be a hard-working team player in order to support the growth and development of the children in our care.
• Have the patience and imagination to encourage children to build on their skills.
• Have some understanding and experience with children.
• Excellent communication skills.
We can offer:
• The chance to be a part of a highly-skilled and friendly team in the All Through School
• The opportunity to develop own skills and experience in all aspects of Early Years childcare
• Support professional learning with training
• Sick pay and a pension scheme
• A Health & Fitness Suite available to staff
In order to combat discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied which could have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group. All sections of the population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership and pregnancy or maternity, unless a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) applies.
Please go to http://www.westgate.hants.sch.uk/vacancies for the job description and application form. Application forms to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Westgate School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.