Front Lawn Primary Academy
08/07/2021 at 12:00
Job Start Date:
Fixed Term Contract , Full-time
D1 - D5
Hours of Work:
Hours of Work: 8.30am - 3.30pm, Mon - Fri (31.25 hours)
Location of Role:
Leigh Park, Havant
To work under the guidance of the Leadership Team and within an agreed programme of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individuals or groups, in and out of the classroom. To support the classroom teacher in addressing the needs of all pupils but especially those pupils who need particular help to
overcome barriers to learning. Establishing productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and mentor. All the duties outlines are carried out under the general direction and supervision of the classroom teacher.
- Provide levels of individual pastoral support to pupils including those with special needs, as directed by the nurture classroom teacher.
- Receive and supervise pupils excluded from, or otherwise not working to a normal timetable.
- Attend to pupils personal needs and provide advice to assist in their social care, health and hygiene development.
- Participate in the comprehensive assessment of pupils to determine those in need of particular help.
- Support the development and implementation of individual Education / Behavioural / Support/ Mentoring plans and behaviour management strategies.
- Develop one to one mentoring arrangements with pupils and provide support for distressed pupils.
- Provide information and advice to enable pupils to make choices about their own learning / behaviour / attendance.
- Challenge and motivate pupils, promoting and reinforcing self-esteem.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress, achievement, behaviour and attendance.
- Support pupils’ access to learning using appropriate strategies and resources.
- Liaise with other staff in planning, evaluating and adjusting learning activities as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate pupil’s responses and progress against action plans through observation and planned recording.
- Establish constructive relationships with parents and carers including the exchanging of information and facilitating their support for their child’s attendance.
- Implement agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs.
- Be aware of, and appreciate, a range of activities, courses, organisations and individuals available to provide support for pupils to broaden and enrich their learning.
- Determine the need for, prepare and use specialist equipment, plans and resources to support pupils.
- Supervise pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Assist in the supervision, training and development of staff.
- Attend and participate in regular meetings, training and other learning activities as required, contributing to the overall ethos and aims of the school.
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the classroom teacher, to support achievement and progress of pupils.
- Be aware of, and comply with, polices and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
Please complete a TKAT Trust application form.
For more details, please visit our website flpa-tkat.org
For any questions or to submit your application, please email our Business Manager on email@example.com
Front Lawn Primary Academy and Hampshire County Council
are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our
recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will
be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment