Front Lawn Primary Academy
08/07/2021 at 12:00
Job Start Date:
Fixed Term Contract , Full-time
B/C Grade depending on experience
Hours of Work:
Hours of Work: 8.30am - 3.30pm, Mon - Fri (term time only) 31.25 hours
Location of Role:
Leigh Park, Havant
- To aid pupils to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own by, for example:
- Clarifying and explaining instructions
- Ensuring the pupil(s) is able to use equipment and materials provided
- Motivating and encouraging the pupil(s) as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils’ needs
- Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. speech and language, behaviour, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation etc.
- Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
- Liaising with class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual education plans (IEPs), contributing to the planning as appropriate
- Providing additional nurture to individuals when requested by the class teacher or SENCO
- Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
- Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil(s)
- Meeting pupils’ physical and emotional needs while encouraging independence.
- Deliver a targeted program of work as directed by the Inclusions Manager.
- To establish supportive relationships with the pupil(s) concerned
- To promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil(s) with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
- Monitor the pupil’s response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- Give the pupil(s) feedback on achievements in order to reinforce and develop self-reliance and self-esteem, including marking children’s work
- To support the pupil(s) in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom
- To support the use of ICT in learning activities
- To provide regular feedback on the pupil(s)’ learning and behaviour to the teacher/SENCO, including feedback on the effectiveness of the behaviour strategies adopted
- Under the direction of the teacher, carry out and report on systematic observations of pupils to gather evidence of their knowledge, understanding and skills upon which the teacher makes judgements about their stage of development
- When working with a group of pupils, understand and use group dynamics to promote group effectiveness and support group and individual performance
- To use the school’s system for recording progress
- Where appropriate, to know and apply positive handling techniques
- To prepare work and activities in advance of the lesson (within employed hours) e.g. operating AVA equipment as required i.e. photocopier, laminator, making books, labels, signs and undertaking practical tasks to maintain a good standard of classroom appearance.
- To know and apply school policies on Child Protection, Health and Safety, Behaviour, Teaching and Learning, Equal Opportunities etc.
- Where appropriate to develop a relationship to foster links between home and school, and to keep the school informed of relevant information
- To be aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/teacher/school
- To contribute towards reviews of pupil(s)’ progress as appropriate
- To comply with legal and organisational requirements for maintaining the health, safety and security of yourself and others in the learning environment
- To take part in training activities offered by the school and TKAT to further knowledge (within employed hours)
- To accompany teacher and pupils on educational visits
- To carry out the above duties in accordance with the Children’s Services Equal Opportunities Policy.
Please complete a TKAT Academies Trust application form,
For more details, please visit our website FLPA-TKAT.ORG
For any questions or to submit your application, please email our Business Manager email@example.com
Front Lawn Primary Academy and Hampshire County Council
are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our
recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will
be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment