Education Jobs Hampshire home page
Closing date: 09/07/2021 at 12:00
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade A - £17,842 - £18,198 FTE (Actual salary £3,609- £3,681))
Hours of Work: 8.75 hours per week- Monday - Friday (term time only)
Location of Role: Mayhill Junior School
We are looking to appoint a calm, friendly and enthusiastic person to join our existing dedicated team of supervisory assistants. The successful applicant will be working within a supportive, fun team and will be an important member of the school structure.
The working hours are 11.30am-1.15pm Monday to Friday (8.75 hpw) term time only.
You will need to be flexible, ideally have experience of working with children, ensuring confidentiality and safeguarding.
Main duties will include:
• Supervising pupils in the lunch hall, outside on the playground or in their classrooms during wet lunch breaks
• Encouraging positive play by leading a range of playground games
• Ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils
• Promoting healthy eating
• Ensuring any issues are dealt with in a positive and thoughtful manner and that where appropriate deciding which issues should be raised with relevant staff.
• Assisting with associated duties, e.g. cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean, etc.
For more information about the school, see our website at www.mayhill.hants.sch.uk further details including an application form are also available on our website. Please contact the school office to request an application pack on 01256 702973 or email email@example.com
Mayhill Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.