Shamblehurst Primary School
School Admin Manager
07/06/2021 at 17:00
Job Start Date:
Permanent , Full-time
Grade F Step 1- Pro rata salary £30391.25
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week 41 weeks per year
Location of Role:
Shamblehurst Primary School
Contact e-mail address:
Shamblehurst Primary School is looking to appoint an exceptional and experienced School Admin Manager to support on the next phase of our journey.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the operation of our happy and thriving school, and work as part of our hardworking, dedicated team.
The Administration Manager will:
- Support the Headteacher in managing the schools’ budget, including budget setting, forecasting and monitoring
- Undertake the schools procurement and ensure best value for money
- Undertake the role of the schools Data Protection Officer and promote GDPR
- Promote and help manage the many aspects of Health & Safety within school
- Co-ordinate the recruitment of staff and adhere to safer recruitment guidance
- Review and write school policies & risk assessments.
- Attend Governors meeting when required
- Lead our fabulous Admin Team
- Line manage the office, Site Manager and lunch team
- Understand and champion confidentiality and safeguarding
- Deal with admissions to the school
- Record and monitor staff attendance
- Be the schools Designated First Aider
- Experience of working within a school, this must include school systems and processes
- Knowledge and working experience of using school financial systems, IBC & the Access budgeting tool.
- Knowledge and working experience of using the school database, SIMS
- Experience in line management.
We Are Looking For Someone Who
- Is friendly and approachable
- Calm under pressure, with the ability to prioritise workloads and balance resources.
- Has Grade C or above in Maths & English GCSE/O-Level
- Is a positive and effective communicator who is confident in liaising with colleagues, children, parents and governors.
- Has excellent numeracy skills and understands and analyses data to identify options and make recommendations
- Is highly organised and will ensure the effective management, reporting and recording of the school’s finances
- Knowledge of CPOMs is desirable
- Is flexible and will adapt to the changing needs of the school
- Shows an ability to use existing resources to overcome challenges and creates new and effective solutions
- Demonstrates integrity
- Works well as part of a team
- Has the ability to delegate and show initiative
- Is resilient
- Has a great sense of humour
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, compassionate fantastic team
- A handover from the outgoing Admin Manager
- Supportive parents and governors
- Children who are enthusiastic and who want to learn
To apply please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
To request an application pack please email email@example.com
Shamblehurst Primary School and Hampshire County Council
are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our
recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will
be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment