Education Jobs Hampshire home page
Closing date: 02/02/2021 at 12:00
Job Start Date: April 2021
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Full-time
Key Stage: KS3/KS4
Salary Type: MPR / UPR
Salary Details: MPR / UPR
Hours of Work: Full time (part time considered)
Suitable for a job share: Yes
Location of Role: Odiham, Hampshire
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Teacher of Food Technology who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of our students. Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or experienced teachers are encouraged and a comprehensive induction and support package would be available if appropriate.
You will be joining a highly successful and forward-thinking department in a growing school, teaching both theory and practical lessons across the age and attainment range at both Key Stage 3 and 4 in an environment where students are well behaved and keen to do well. The Food Technology area is well-resourced with two large kitchens and a support technician to assist the teaching staff. We are proud to offer a broad technology provision at all age ranges and technology subjects are very popular with students at both Key Stage 3 and 4.
Child Development is a growing course with two classes per cohort (Cambridge Nationals Level 1 & 2 are currently taught).
At RMS, we are looking for a teacher who:
• Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
• Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
• Will work collaboratively within the wider Technology team to contribute to the planning and teaching of the KS3 courses
• Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
• Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
• A Food or Child Development specialist who is able to deliver either or both subjects at KS4 level.
In return, we can offer:
• Excellent support and fantastic opportunities for continued professional development
• High priority given to staff and student wellbeing
• A dedicated and hardworking team who place students at the heart of everything
• Supportive families who value education and great students who want to learn
• A well-resourced curriculum area supported by a Food Technician
• A broad, exciting and personalised curriculum with a focus on collaborative planning
• A full programme of trips and visits, giving you the chance to share in making positive memories with students
• Consistently excellent student attainment and progress
We pride ourselves on our ethos and culture which promotes positive relationships and behaviour. In our most recent Ofsted report (May 2017), inspectors observed that ‘there is a positive ethos throughout the school, which is enhanced by strong relationships between staff and pupils. Pupils conduct themselves well, and are respectful and courteous to one another. Behaviour continues to be typically exemplary’.
Food Technology is a strong subject within the school and we are proud of our record of success. In 2019, 71% of our cohort achieved a Grade 4 or higher in Food Preparation and Nutrition, with 30% achieving a Grade 7 or above. Examinations were not completed in summer 2020, however, RMS students continued to perform exceptionally well in Technology subjects.
We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff. Our flagship CPD program includes courses suitable for professional development at all career stages including preparation for middle and senior leadership.
Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy school with a distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in a semi-rural setting in Hampshire, with good rail and road access.
We would welcome the opportunity for an informal chat or visit. Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer on 01256 702700 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Should you wish to apply for this post, please see the school website www.rmays.org for an application form and submit your application to email@example.com
Robert May’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant pre-employment checks.