Patchwork Preschool and Day Nursery
Toddler Room Leader
14/10/2020 at 12:00
Permanent , Full-time
C Grade £18797-£19407
Hours of Work:
Location of Role:
Contact e-mail address:
- To take supervisory responsibility for the Toddler room
- To work closely with the Manager and Deputy Manager to develop best practice in all areas of the EYFS
- To provide training and mentoring to staff in all aspects of childcare
- To assist in the provision of a safe, caring, warm and inclusive environment
- To work as an effective member of the team at Patchwork.
- To deliver flexible, high quality care and education that meets the needs of the children and their families.
- To ensure compliance with all nursery policies and procedures and government legislation – DSCF, Ofsted.
- To provide feedback to the manager on all aspects of the day to day operation of Patchwork
- To assist in the training and development of Patchwork staff to ensure a high level of childcare practice
- Perform specific routine supervisory administration duties e.g. registers, health and safety checks and staff rostas
Childcare and Education
- To act as key worker for a group of children – observing, recording and assessing their progress and development through the use of Tapestry
- To develop high quality interactions with children, to build on and extend their thinking and learning
- To plan, prepare and deliver a wide range of play experiences that promotes children’s physical, intellectual and emotional development
- To ensure planned activities are drawn from children’s next steps, observations and interests as required within the EYFS framework.
- To help children acquire self- help skills including washing hands, feeding, dressing, toileting, personal hygiene
- To support each child in developing self-esteem, confidence and feelings of competence
- To provide a positive model of behaviour by treating children, parents and one another with friendliness, care and courtesy.
- To supervise children at snack and mealtimes ensuring they are a time of socialising and engaging with each other and adults
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current issues, legislation and practices through attending regular training workshops that promote personal and professional development.
- To be aware of hygiene standards and ensure that these are met in accordance with the Health and Hygiene Policy
- To work collaboratively with fellow colleagues to create a positive, proactive and effective team.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and qualifications:
NVQ III in Childcare and Education or relevant qualification Essential
Experience of working in a childcare environment Essential
Able to work in within a team and maintain good communication Essential
GCSE equiv A-C English and Maths Desirable
Good oral and written communication skills Desirable
Qualified in Paediatric First Aid Desirable
Knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage Desirable
To apply, please complete a Perins School supportApplication Form - available on our website www.perins.net/support-staff-vacancies
Patchwork Preschool and Day Nursery, Perins School and The Perins MAT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.