Education Jobs Hampshire home page
Closing date: 16/11/2019 at 12:00
Job Start Date: 01/01/2020
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Full-time
Key Stage: KS3/KS4
Salary Type: Other
Salary Details: £23,720 - £39,450 dependent on knowledge and experience
Hours of Work: Full and Part Time considered
Location of Role: Brune Park School, Military Road, Gosport, PO12 3BU
We are seeking innovative Science teachers with experience from any science specialism to join our secondary school community.
You should be passionate lifelong learners who are hardworking and enthusiastic with excellent subject knowledge. You will be motivated individuals with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in Science.
If you possess the following qualities we would welcome an application from you;
• An in-depth knowledge and passion for Science
• Endless enthusiasm and patience
• Good communicator
• An excellent practitioner, reflective and driven to improve
• A teacher who can inspire in others a love for Science
• Driven to want to improve the quality of teaching across the school and in your subject
• Committed to supporting the development and improvement of others – teachers and pupils
Pupils are encouraged to participate in a range of extra-curricular activities, outings and competitions throughout the year both in the UK and abroad. STEM is at the centre of our curriculum and we have regular access to the newly opened Gosport STEM centre on our school site.
What can we offer;
• A vibrant community where the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people is our driving force
• The opportunity to join dedicated teams, who deliver excellent support to our pupils to ensure positive outcomes in the classroom and wider community
• A commitment to everyone in the organisation having a passion for and love of learning and building in young people self-confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
• A firm commitment to on-going professional development and your well-being
• A range of leadership programmes and activities across the partnership of schools
• Membership of a vibrant MAT where different routes to leadership, career and development opportunities exist
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Membership of one of the UK’s largest public sector pension schemes
• Free access to a gym and swimming pool
Gosport & Fareham Multi Academy Trust is the first localised Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) established in Hampshire. Our Schools encompass Bay House School & Sixth Form, Brune Park School, Gomer Junior School, Rowner Junior School and the LWS Academy.
Applicants applying for a position must complete the GFM application form. Please ensure all sections of the application are filled in and that all gaps between employment are noted. Please do not send CVs as we are unable to accept these. Please visit www.gfmat.org to download an application form.
For enquiries telephone: (023) 9261 6012
Where we receive a large volume of applications, we may close the post early, therefore you are strongly advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
GFM Education is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. A “prohibition from teaching” check will be completed for all shortlisted teaching candidates including those applying for a teaching assistant/Cover Supervisor/Other work deemed directly involved with pupils where it is indicated that they have qualified teacher status or have previously worked as a teacher. All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks. GFM Education pursues a policy of equality of opportunity.