Castle Primary School
Special Needs Assistant
09/09/2019 at 12:00
Job Start Date:
Fixed Term Contract , Part-time
Hours of Work:
23.25 hours per week Mon - Fri, to include a lunch duty. Termtime - 40 week contract
Location of Role:
Castle Primary School
Contact e-mail address:
We have a vacancy for a Special Needs Assistant for 23.25 hours per week working with a child in KS2. Previous experience of working with children is essential, preferably with those who have special educational needs relating to speech and language communication needs.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be aware of the needs of pupils with speech and language communication needs
- Maintain a high level of support for the child’s needs.
- Be willing to learn how to adapt and modify learning materials
- Have experience of alternative methods of communication; ie Makaton or PECS.
- Provide a high level of support to enable the child to have access to the national curriculum
- Help the child to develop social skills and appropriate interactions with his peers.
- Work closely with and be accountable to the class teacher, who will give guidance on the nature and extent of the support and supervision.
- Support the child at lunchtime and break times as directed on the timetable.
- Develop a good relationship with the other children in the class by encouraging and motivating.
- Follow all school policies and treat all school matters as confidential.
- Plan and review regularly with the class teacher.
- Meet regularly with the SEN co-ordinator, contribute to Personal Plans.
- Liaise with a range of professionals external to the school.
- Attend appropriate Inset.
- Have a professional approach to all aspects of school life
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Have appropriate levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Have basic ability in computing.
- Be able to modify resources to support personal plans
- Have experience of ICT resources to support SEN children
- Have extensive experience of parent liaison
- Be able to work effectively as part of a successful team and show initiative.
- Have experience of working with primary aged children, particularly those withspecial educational needs.
- Have a caring, cheerful and conscientious disposition.
An application pack is available on the school website in the Community tab or via email from firstname.lastname@example.org
Castle Primary School and Hampshire County Council
are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our
recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will
be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment