Education Jobs Hampshire home page
Closing date: 05/08/2019 at 12:00
Job Start Date: September 2019
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Part-time
Salary Type: Main Pay Range
Salary Details: £6,767 - £7,542 (£25,833 - £28,791 FTE)
Hours of Work: 2 days per week, 36 weeks per year
Location of Role: Harrow Way Community School, Andover
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
Do you have a genuine interest in motivating and encouraging young people to achieve their full potential in education, employment and training?
We are seeking a fully experienced independent careers advisor to work two days a week for 36 weeks per year (mainly term time).
Successful candidates must:
• have a QCF level 6 in Careers Guidance & Development. (Consideration will also be given to applicants with an NVQ4 in Advice & Guidance who are willing to undertake a QCF level 6 in Career Guidance & Development)
• be experienced in delivering high quality information, advice and careers guidance and have experience of working with young people aged 11-16 in a variety of settings.
• be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication and ICT skills.
• be well organised.
• have a positive, proactive and flexible approach to work.
• have the ability to support school based careers education.
• have or be willing for the school to arrange a Disclosure and Barring Service check at enhanced level.
Application forms are available for download from the school website.
Harrow Way Community School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.