Ashley Infant School
School Minibus Escort
24/07/2019 at 12:00
Job Start Date:
Fixed Term Contract , Part-time
£9.36 per hour
Hours of Work:
Monday-Friday 3pm-5.30pm to be confirmed. Term time only
Location of Role:
Ashley Infant School
Contact e-mail address:
- What you'll do
- Supervise children with special educational needs from school to home, ensuring they are safely and securely strapped in, in line with the law.
- Ensure the children’s behaviour does not endanger yourself or others using appropriate techniques.
- Calm children using techniques including empathy, distraction, listening and understanding special needs.
- Take responsibility for personal health & safety, carrying out appropriate first aid and manual handling as required.
- Report any transport/safety issues to the School Business Manager to enable action to be taken.
- Advise the School Business Manager of Operational issues i.e. late, unsafe transport.
- Provide up to date and relevant information on the children’s needs and behaviour to the School SEN team.
- Act on written information given for the allocated school run.
What you’ll need:
- Experience of dealing with children (e.g. looking after children) and awareness of special educational needs for children.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and transport providers (e.g. using appropriate language or communication method for child’s abilities).
- Ability to deal with unexpected/difficult situations (e.g. sudden illness of a child/conflict).
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Must be able to wear seat belt/restraint on school transport.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01425 611321 for application pack.
Closing Date: Wednesday 24 July 2019.
Interviews Monday 29 July 2019.
Ashley Infant School and Hampshire County Council
are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our
recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will
be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment