Brookfield Community School
05/09/2019 at 12:00
Job Start Date:
Permanent , Full-time
The indicative pay salary is set at £88,817 - £102,842
Hours of Work:
Location of Role:
Brookfield Community School
Contact e-mail address:
We are looking to appoint an experienced and successful school leader who will embrace the ethos of the school to “Aspire, Act and Achieve”. The students are at the heart of our school community and we want an individual who will not only continue to build on a strong foundation but will take us on the next stage of our journey.
To be up for this challenge, you will:
- Promote an ethos that develops a climate of aspiration and mutual respect and a caring, nurturing, inclusive environment, where everyone is treated as an individual; is listened to and encouraged to learn and develop.
- Have high standards; a strong sense of achievement; and pride in the school.
- Build on the firm foundations that currently make us a “Good” school and ensure that we continue to be a school which makes us a natural choice for parents/carers who want their children to reach their full potential.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Be an inspirational forward thinking lead professional and a significant role model for both staff and students alike
- Embody the values and ambitions that drive the achievements of the school
- Seek to ensure that the well-being of students and staff is considered in all aspects of learning and that students are given the opportunity to thrive
- Be accountable for the education of current and future generations of students
- Exhibit leadership qualities which have a decisive impact on the quality of teaching and students’ achievements
- Lead by example the professional conduct and practice of teachers in a way that minimises unnecessary teacher workload and leaves room for high quality continuous professional development of staff
- Secure a climate for the exemplary behaviour of students
- Set standards and expectations of high academic achievement within and beyond the school, recognising differences of ability and respecting cultural diversity within contemporary Britain
- A current school population of almost 1800 students spanning years 7 to 11
- A school with significant improvement in overall Progress 8 scores in 2018 over 2017 and in particularly for our disadvantaged students
- A team of talented, creative and hardworking staff and a well-informed, well trained and highly proactive Governing Body
- Confident, happy and inquisitive students who have a desire to learn and an aspiration to succeed
- The opportunity for you to put your own mark on the school’s journey of continuing improvement
- Strong, well developed links with local feeder schools and Fareham & Gosport schools
- A motivated and enthusiastic support staff team
- Facilities including a sports hall, lecture theatre, drama/dance studios etc
- A lovely location in southern England with excellent rail links, historic naval heritage sites and countryside of outstanding natural beauty
The Governing Body is committed to supporting your professional and personal career development. If you have the experience, vision and leadership skills we are seeking, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please visit our website https://www.brookfield.hants.sch.uk
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and positively encouraged. Please call Carole Bagley on 01489 480207. Our preferred visit dates and times are 15 July, 16 July and 17 July 2019 – please try to accommodate these wherever possible.
Please find attached the information pack, application form and equalities monitoring form.
Please forward your completed application to Education Personnel Services, 3rd Floor Hampshire House, 84-98 Southampton Road, Eastleigh, Southampton SO50 5PA or send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brookfield Community School and Hampshire County Council
are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our
recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will
be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment