Education Jobs Hampshire home page
Closing date: 28/06/2019 at 12:00
Job Start Date: 02/09/2019
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term Contract , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: £18065-£18371 (FTE, dependent upon experience)
Hours of Work: Daily - 08:30-15:15 (with a 30 minute lunch break)
Location of Role: Talavera Infant School
Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to appoint a skilled, experienced and caring Learning Support Assistant to join our supportive and hardworking team to work on a 1:1 basis with children in our school.
The primary purpose of the post is to support the children in effectively engaging in learning within the classroom environment and help the child to develop social skills and appropriate interactions with peers in both classroom and playground situations, in addition to specific interventions to support outcomes. The contract will be fixed term until the end of March 2020 with the possibility of extending if our children needing support stay at the school.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills, (GCSE Grades A-C in Maths & English)
• Implement learning activities to enable the child to have access to the planned curriculum
• Help the child to develop social skills and appropriate interactions with peers
• Have a willingness to learn new skills
• Have the ability to support the development of the child's social and self-help skills
• Use a variety of positive behaviour management strategies
• Work closely with and be accountable to the class teacher, who will give guidance on the nature and extent of the support and supervision
• Plan and review regularly with the class teacher
• Meet regularly with the SEN coordinator and contribute to Individual Education Plans
We are looking for someone who:
• Has passion, enthusiasm, patience and a positive outlook
• Is motivated to support and help the learning of children who can demonstrate challenging behaviour
• Can be professionally discrete and able to respect confidentiality
• Has the ability to think on their feet and be highly effective at using their initiative
In return we will support you in your continued professional development and of course you will have the chance to work with our motivated staff team and hardworking children.
We would really welcome a visit from you to give you the opportunity to find out more about us. We have an excellent team of staff who work closely together in a positive and supportive way.
If you would like to visit and/or get an information pack, please contact Jackie Spencer in the school office on 01252 323137.
Further information about our school is available on the school website www.talavera-inf.hants.sch.uk and the necessary application form is available on this page on the right hand side.
Talavera Infant School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.