Education Jobs Hampshire home page
Closing date: 28/06/2019 at 17:00
Job Start Date: September 2019
Contract/Hours: Fixed Term Contract , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade 6, SCP 12-17. From £21,769 - £23,836 pa pro rata, depending upon experience
Hours of Work: 27.5 hours per week term time only
Location of Role: Kanes Hill Primary School
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join our hardworking team from September 2019. The post will involve working in partnership with the class teacher, supporting groups of children in the classroom and delivering planned learning to groups or individuals.
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate good communication skills and empathy with children
• Be enthusiastic, well-motivated and fully willing to support school life
• Be able to work flexibly, independently and proactively
• Clearly understand confidentiality, safety and safeguarding in a school setting
• Be caring, patient and have good communication skills
• Be self-reflective, have a willingness to learn and demonstrate initiative
• Understand challenging behaviour and be able to support children with emotional needs
• Be passionate about contributing to a culture of high expectations
• Be someone who enjoys working with children and who models the values of patience, respect and inclusion
• Be required to provide accurate records and daily feedback to teachers and parents
• Be a team player
• Be able to support learning in line with the primary curriculum, particularly EYFS and KS1
• Be able to work with staff from other educational settings and outside agencies
• Have a minimum of Grade C at GCSE English and Maths, or equivalent qualification
We are a friendly, supportive and hard- working team and the successful applicants would be warmly welcomed into our school community and able to access our ongoing staff development.
The school has a strong ethos of inclusivity and liaises closely with Southampton Advisory Outreach Service and a range of other agencies to provide advice and resources to effectively support individual pupils.
To find out more about the role please contact the School by phone: 02380 463737 or via email: recruitment@ILPartnership.org
To apply for the job please view the Job Description and Person Specification and then complete the application form. These can be found on the Kanes Hill Website at www.kaneshillsch.net/job-vacancies
Please return your completed application form to recruitment@ILPartnership.org
Kanes Hill Primary School and Inspire Learning Partnership are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.